Monday, May 10, 2010


So for mother's day Evie "made" me a picture with a little poem (with the help of her daycare teachers of course) and honestly it brought tears to my eyes, so I just thought I would share the poem:


Hand prints


Sometimes you get discouraged

because I am so small

And always leave my fingerprints

on furniture and walls.


But every day I'm growing-

I'll be grown some day.

And all those tiny hand prints

will surely fade away.


So here's a little hand print

Just so you can recall

exactly how my fingers looked

wen I was very small.


and at the bottom were her little purple hand prints


This poem touched me since just a few days before I found myself grumbling about her fingerprints all over the TV-but one day she will be grown and I will miss those tiny hand prints covering my home. Evie girl, I love you so much and am proud to be your mommy and next time I see your hand prints covering something, I will smile and cherish this time that you are small. Because, as everyone has told me since you were growing in my belly and I am now finding it to be true-babies grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment