Thursday, October 7, 2010

facebook fast

Lately I have realized that I am spending too much time on facebook-reading up on what "sally" ate for dinner or what "jane" thinks about a tv show-when really? what does it matter? Now I know "sally" eating a cheeseburger or "jane" watching one tree hill are not bad things, they don't bother me but then there are the posts that cause drama. And maybe the poster did not intend to cause drama-so why do things irritate me soo much? Why do I feel as though their opinions are an open attack on me and my lifestyle? I am who I am and I do what I do and I need to not worry about how other people feel about that. The One that I should be concerned about pleasing probably would not be pleased by my gossiping and stressing about what is said on facebook. Philippians 4:8 says: Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Now I realize many people post good things on facebook-getting a new job, picture of a new baby, etc. and that is why I will be back on facebook again, but for right now I need to step away from the negative things and focus on good things. I need to learn to find my acceptance in Christ alone-because he is the one that created me to be who I am. He knows my heart. He is the one that decides what is right and wrong. He is the One I am living for. So for now I am taking a fast from facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I just put myself on a Facebook fast tonight...I needed it as well

    ReplyDelete