Thursday, March 13, 2014

5 Years Old!

(photo taken at 12:49 pm on 2/23/14) (blog post started on 2/23/14) Dear Evie today you turned 5! I can't believe how fast you are growing up! I am sitting here thinking about the day we welcomed you into this world. After all of the visitors had left and it was just daddy, you and I in the hospital room I remember looking at your tiny face and feeling such love and joy but at the same time feeling overwhelmed with the task of raising you. Children don't come with instruction manuals in case you were wondering. But we figured it out. We have gone through sleepless nights, teething, illnesses, doctors visits, shots, ER visits, tantrums, time-outs, potty training, and much, much more. I am learning each day to rely on God and trust my own mommy instincts. I know we will go through much more in the years to come and I know that God will give me the patience and wisdom I need to make it through each day. The one thing I want you to remember throughout your life is to put God first and rely on him. He will equip you with whatever you need for that day. It made my mommy heart proud when you prayed tonight and asked God to help you have a good attitude. Let's see, what has happened this past year. We have taken trips to the City Museum, The Botanical Gardens, Raging Rivers, The Godfrey Corn Maze, The Magic House, The Zoo and just tonight we went to Chuck E Cheese's for the first time. You got your first big girl bike, and a Mustang! (a pink Barbie hot wheel one of course.) You went to vacation Bible school and made mommy proud when you memorized your Bible verses. You played mini-golf for the first time and went to your first movie in the theater (Monster's University.) You went to your first professional baseball game (The Cardinals, of course). Unfortunately they lost and you had more fun playing on your leap pad. You had to go under anesthesia for the first time to get dental work done. You were very brave when they took you back but woke from anesthesia kicking and screaming! You were in your first car accident (as a passenger of course) when a lady ran a red light into mommy's car. Thankfully we were ok. Alexis (your name for mommy's car which is a Lexus) was not quite ok-until daddy fixed her up. You started poms class and ballet and tap again and have stuck with it this year without any tears when mommy leaves the room. You do still have to give me a hug and kiss before I leave each time, but that part I do not mind. You started preschool and you are learning lots. You can count to 50 without any help. You know how to write all of your letters and know what sound they make. You can sound out and write small words. Your teacher says you are very smart! Your best buddy at school is still Frankie, and you are convinced you are going to marry him one day. You like to draw, paint, color, cut, glue and do any type of craft. You and I could spend an entire day in Michaels Craft store if we had the time. You are becoming quite the artist. You even picked out your own supplies at the craft store and came up with your own craft-pipe cleaner wands. You are silly and sarcastic-although I have no idea where you get it from. (do you sense the sarcasm here) You are thoughtful and caring. You will always tell me how much you like my necklace or outfit. You are appreciative and genuinely thankful whenever I get you anything, whether it's a granola bar for snack or new PJ's. You are a perfectionist and like things a certain way and you can get a little anxious at times when things are not just right. Again I have no idea where you get that from.(insert more sarcasm here) You like unicorns, horses and My Little Ponies. You have just started getting into Barbie dolls (and so begins the era of tiny little pieces all over the house)You also like to play with cars. You like watching movies-Planes and Turbo were a few of your favorites this year. Some of your favorite TV shows are Sheriff Callie, Paw Patrol and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. You still love books. Going to the library to pick out new books followed by a trip to Starbucks for a chai tea latte for me and a cake pop for you and some snuggle and book reading time for us both is one of my favorite dates with my girl. I am very proud of you. You bring such joy and happiness into our lives every day. I feel honored to have the privilege of raising you and I can't wait to see what the next year will bring. Happy Birthday big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment