Saturday, July 10, 2010

Days Like Today....

I love days like today, where you declare to the world (or maybe just to the basket of laundry waiting to be folded) "I am just gonna' have fun!" Days when you don't have a plan or even an agenda, just a friend that is willing to go along for the ride. Where you realize what is important in life-spending time with those we love and living life to the fullest! Now there will still be days when my perfectonistic self will be slaving away scrubbing floors while I try to keep my little one entertained with a dust pan (yes I have done that-don't judge) but today was not one of those days. It was a day to relax, and not do anything "productive" at all. It was a day to enjoy fatty foods, without guilt (or going to the gym afterwards) A day to enjoy the sun and fresh air and water. It was a day to let my hair down, and go with the flow-not something a melancholy-choleric can do so easily but even I need those days. Days like today are refreshing, and I need to make time to have more days like today! Thank you friend for coming on this ride with me and helping me to realize what is important in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment