Thursday, July 8, 2010

My two sides


So I have multiple personalities-ok not really, but I have realized that I have 2 sides to me that are very different. Look at the above picture, what do you see? A motorcycle jacket and helmet-someone ready to go for a daring ride, right? But check out the bottom half-a button down skirt-serious working mommy with a lot of responsibilities.
After almost 2 years of persuading, my hubby finally got me to go out on a motorcycle ride with him. And after I got over that "I'm gonna hurl" feeling as we proceeded onto the entrance ramp of Hwy 270, I actually had fun! I began to relax and feel the wind blowing past and I started to notice things around me in a different way. I felt young and free, not worrying about what Evie ate for dinner, or if I remembered to put the towels in the dryer. Once we got off the highway we even had fellow bikers pull up and talk with us-they had no idea about my "other side" they just saw me as some "biker chic."
But, my other side is who I am most of the time. I am a mommy, a wife and a nurse-responsible for my child, my husband, my patients, my home. I am safe, I don't take risks. I worry about whether Evie should eat peas or carrots for dinner and which sunscreen will offer the best protection against UVB and UVA rays-not something this cool "biker chic" would concern herself with.
So the question of the day- Is it possible to be both? and if it is-how do I combine the two? and the answer-Yes, I think I can still be fun and free-to some degree and still be a good mom. Now how to combine the two-I am still working on that one, but maybe one day I will figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. but, you didn't wear the skirt on the bike ride, right? :) jk that's pretty cool that you finally rode and enjoyed it! and that even though you are so responsible, you still know how to have fun!

    ps - I vote for carrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Tammy! no I did not wear a skirt, I opted for jeans and tennis shoes instead :-)

    ReplyDelete